Visitors to Houghton are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, university setting, and local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its ski areas and shopping.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Houghton
- The closest major airport is in Hancock, MI (CMX-Houghton County Memorial), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Houghton
Cultural venues in the city include Eagle Harbor Lighthouse, A.E. Seaman Mineral Museum, and Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like Houghton–Hancock Bridge, Keweenaw National Historical Park Headquarters, and Quincy Mine. The hiking trails and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Keweenaw Bay, Lake Superior, and Ottawa National Forest.
In Houghton, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Keweenaw Mountain Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houghton, MI - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Calumet - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Houghton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 39°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- About 27.83 inches of rain falls on Houghton each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F