Travelers to Laurium will find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Laurium, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Hancock, MI (CMX-Houghton County Memorial), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Laurium
Places to visit in the larger region include Keweenaw National Historical Park Headquarters, Copper Country Firefighters History Museum, and Coppertown USA Mining Museum. You'll also find Italian Hall Historical Marker and Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Laurium, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 24 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Keweenaw Vacation Rental - Great for Families and Groups- Sleeps up to 7 is 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the center of Laurium. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Hancock can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Family Friendly, Located Between Two Ski Hills, Free Wifi, & Off Road Parking is located 3.1 mi (5 km) from the heart of Laurium. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Houghton can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown is 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from central Laurium. This 3-star hotel in Houghton features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Laurium
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 39°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Average annual rainfall for Laurium is 27.83 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 10°F