Visitors can enjoy all that Montauban has to offer including the monuments, waterfront, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, gardens, and museums. Top sights around the area include Place Nationale and St Pierre Abbey.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Montauban
- The closest major airport is in Toulouse (TLS-Blagnac), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Montauban
The city is notable for landmarks like Place Nationale, Pont Vieux, and Montauban Cathedral. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ingres Museum and Sapiac Stadium.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Montauban. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Abbaye des Capucins Spa & Resort, BW Premier Collection - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Mercure Montauban - Our customers like the room size at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Deltour Hôtel Montauban City - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
A top sight outside the city is St Pierre Abbey, 14.7 mi/23.6 km from the city center.
Getting Around Montauban
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Montauban Station. Montauban may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Montauban
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Montauban gets about 25.51 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F