Visiting Mount Lavinia
Travelers to Mount Lavinia give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Lavinia
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Lavinia
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mount Lavinia Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Traditional Puppet Art Museum and National Zoological Gardens of Sri Lanka.
In Mount Lavinia, you'll find 74 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Penthouse Above Sea - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Mount Lavinia Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Anarva Mount Lavinia - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and beach locale.
Dressing for Mount Lavinia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 3.66 inches of rain falls on Mount Lavinia each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 73°F