Visiting Mount Sunapee
Visitors to Mount Sunapee are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, ski areas, and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. A top sight in the area is Pats Peak.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Sunapee
- The closest major airport is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal), 23 mi (37 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Sunapee
Cultural venues in the city include Newport Historical Society, New London Barn Playhouse, and New London Historical Society. The city is notable for landmarks like Cornish-Windsor Covered Bridge, Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site, and The Fells. The lakeside and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Sunapee, Little Sunapee Lake, and Mount Kearsarge.
In Mount Sunapee, you'll be able to select from 61 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Common Man Inn & Restaurant - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- New Hampshire Mountain Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Maples at Warner - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Pats Peak, located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Crotched Mountain Ski and Ride Area, which is 24.6 mi (39.6 km) away.
Getting Around Mount Sunapee
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Claremont Station. Mount Sunapee may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Mount Sunapee
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- About 38.03 inches of rain falls on Mount Sunapee each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F