Visiting Mount Vernon
Visitors can enjoy all that Mount Vernon has to offer including the parks and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 41 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Evansville
- The closest major airport is in Evansville, IN (EVV-Evansville Regional), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Vernon
The picturesque setting of Brittlebank Park and Imagination Station at College Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. You'll also find University of Southern Indiana and Mesker Amphitheater in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Four Seasons Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mount Vernon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Mount Vernon gets about 44.88 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F