Visiting Mountain Home
Visitors to Mountain Home are sure to enjoy the riverfront and mountain views. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape.
- There are 85 hotels and other accommodations in Mountain Home
- The closest major airport is in Harrison, AR (HRO-Boone County Regional), 42.9 mi (69.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Branson, MO (BKG), 47.1 mi (75.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mountain Home
The city's cultural venues include Ponca Elk Education Center and Bull Shoals Theater of the Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like Norfork Dam, Mountain Village 1890, and Bull Shoals Dam. The riverfront and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Norfork Lake, Bull Shoals Lake, and Buffalo National River.
In Mountain Home, you'll be able to select from 85 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Mountain Home - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mountain Home - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn & Suites Mountain Home North - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mountain Home
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mountain Home is 48.07 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F