Visitors to Neuchatel are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos, art, and golf courses.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Neuchatel
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Neuchatel
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Neuchatel Botanical Garden. Additionally, you might want to add Theatre du Passage to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Neuchatel. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Alpes & Lac - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Best Western Premier Hotel Beaulac - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel de l'Ecluse - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a café, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Getting Around Neuchatel
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Neuchâtel Station or Neuchâtel Station. Neuchatel might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Neuchatel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Neuchatel each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F