Visitors to Newtownabbey are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, entertainment choices, and theaters. Top sights around the area include Belfast Castle, Titanic Belfast, and St. Anne's Cathedral.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Newtownabbey
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newtownabbey
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Abbeycentre Shopping is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Belfast Zoo to your agenda.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Chimney Corner - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and room size.
Top places to visit outside the city include Belfast Castle, 2.8 mi/4.6 km from the city center, and Titanic Belfast, which is 5.5 mi (8.8 km) away.
Dressing for Newtownabbey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Newtownabbey gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F