Visiting Oil City
Visitors to Oil City are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, shopping, and seafood restaurants.
- You'll find 11 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Meadville
- The closest major airport is in Franklin, PA (FKL-Venango Regional), 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Erie, PA (ERI-Erie Intl.), 51.4 mi (82.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oil City
A couple of favorite places to visit are Venango Museum of Art, Science and Industry and Oil City Library. Additionally, you'll find Cranberry Mall and St John's Episcopal Church in the area.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Oil City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.92 inches of rain falls on Oil City each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F