Visitors to Ontonagon are sure to enjoy the mountain views and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ski areas.
- You'll find 64 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ironwood
- The closest major airport is in Ironwood, MI (IWD-Gogebic County), 39.3 mi (63.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hancock, MI (CMX-Houghton County Memorial), 50.2 mi (80.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ontonagon
The mountain views and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Porcupine Mountains, Summit Peak, and Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ontonagon Lighthouse and Porcupine Mountains Ski Area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Ontonagon. Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Silver City - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ontonagon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 43°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -1°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 19°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 2°F as the nighttime average
- Ontonagon gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°F