Owens Cross Roads Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Huntsville area, you can select from 15 inexpensive motels among more than 111 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Owens Cross Roads has to offer. In the larger area, favorite places to visit include Von Braun Center, US Space and Rocket Center, and Bridge Street Town Centre.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below you'll find some of Expedia customers' favorite motels to book in the larger area:
Red Roof PLUS+ Huntsville - Madison
- Located 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the heart of Owens Cross Roads
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
VIP Inn and Suites
- A restaurant and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
- Central Owens Cross Roads is 6 mi (9.7 km) away
Super 8 by Wyndham Huntsville Alabama
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Located 12 mi (19.4 km) from the heart of Owens Cross Roads
- Central Owens Cross Roads is 5.9 mi (9.6 km) away
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Grand Palace Inn
- 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the heart of Owens Cross Roads
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Owens Cross Roads
Those visiting Owens Cross Roads have good things to say about the restaurants. Take time for sightseeing and enjoy all there is to do in this family-friendly area.
Here are favorite places in and around Owens Cross Roads:
- Von Braun Center
- US Space and Rocket Center
- Bridge Street Town Centre
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Wheeler Lake
- Guntersville Lake
While you're checking out the area, consider visiting:
- Hampton Cove Golf Course
- Madison County Nature Trail-Green Mountain
- Harmony Park Safari
Owens Cross Roads is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Owens Cross Roads
Decide when you'd like to visit Owens Cross Roads by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 69° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 90° F is the daytime average and 46° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 91° F and nighttime averages are around 57° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 80° F during the day and 32° F at night
- Average rainfall is 54.33 inches in a year
How to Get to Owens Cross Roads and Around the Area
Owens Cross Roads Transportation
|Huntsville, AL (HSV-Huntsville Intl.) ||Airport ||17.8 mi (28.6 km) |