Find Hotels in Palmer, AK
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 9, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 26, 2020
Visitors to Palmer are sure to enjoy the forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. A top sight in the area is Iditarod Trail Headquarters.
- You'll find 362 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Anchorage
- The closest major airport is in Anchorage, AK (MRI-Merrill Field), 35.9 mi (57.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Anchorage, AK (ANC-Ted Stevens Anchorage Intl.), 41.3 mi (66.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palmer
Favorite family attractions include Musk Ox Farm and Reindeer Farm. The forests and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bodenburg Butte, Palmer Research Center and Matanuska Experiment Farm, and Pioneer Peak. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palmer Visitor Information Center and Arkose Brewery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Palmer. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Abby's Place - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Moose Wallow Cabins - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this property. Amenities in this 3-star cabin include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony.
- Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Iditarod Trail Headquarters, located 12.3 mi (19.7 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Palmer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 40°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 49°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- Palmer gets about 11.10 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F