Visitors can enjoy all that Chugiak has to offer including the sporting events and parks. A top sight in the area is Iditarod Trail Headquarters.
- You'll find 358 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Anchorage
- The closest major airport is in Anchorage, AK (MRI-Merrill Field), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Anchorage, AK (ANC-Ted Stevens Anchorage Intl.), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chugiak
The picturesque setting of Twin Peaks Trail and Eklutna Lake exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Eklutna Historical Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Chugiak, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Secluded Luxury Estate on 5 Acres With HOT Tub- 15 min From Downtown! is located 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from the heart of Chugiak. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Anchorage can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
- Aspen Suites Hotel Anchorage is 24.1 mi (38.7 km) from the center of Chugiak. This 2.5-star hotel in Anchorage features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and central location.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Anchorage Airport is 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from central Chugiak. This 3-star hotel in Anchorage features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its bar and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Iditarod Trail Headquarters, located 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city center, and Sullivan Arena, which is 22.6 mi/36.4 km away.
Dressing for Chugiak
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 40°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 50°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Chugiak gets about 17.64 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 10°F