Visiting Pelee Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Pelee Island has to offer including the monuments and museums. A top sight in the city is Lake Erie.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Pelee Island
- The closest major airport is in Windsor, ON (YQG), 37.5 mi (60.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County), 46.9 mi (75.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pelee Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lake Erie. Additionally, you'll find Point Pelee National Park in the area.
As you plan your trip to Pelee Island, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 32 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Waterfront, Finest Sand Swim Beach,cul-de-sac,lorain Lane,pelee Island Finest is 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from central Pelee Island. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Leamington can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- R-runaway On the Lake is 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the center of Pelee Island. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Leamington can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Seacliffe Inn is located 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the heart of Pelee Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Leamington can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers love its dining options and room service.
Dressing for Pelee Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Pelee Island gets about 33.00 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 21°F