Travelers to Perth will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 123 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Perth
A favorite place to visit in the city is Symmons Plains Raceway. You'll also find Woolmers Estate and Brickendon Estate in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Perth, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 13 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston is 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from central Perth. This 4.5-star hotel in Launceston features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Auldington is located 12 mi (19.3 km) from the heart of Perth. This 4-star guesthouse in Launceston features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mercure Launceston is 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the center of Perth. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Launceston can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Perth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 62°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Perth each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 37°F