Find Hotels in Petersburg, VA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $34
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 24, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 1, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Petersburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Vibrant and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the area include Virginia State Capitol, White House of the Confederacy, and Edgar Allan Poe Museum.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Richmond
- The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Petersburg
Cultural venues in the city include Siege Museum, Farmers Bank, and Centre Hill Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Petersburg National Battlefield Park, U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum, and U.S. Army Women's Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Pamplin Historical Park, Hatcher's Run Battlefield, and White Oak Road Battlefield.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Petersburg. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ragland Mansion Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Jury's Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this inn. Amenities at this 2.5-star inn include a terrace and a private balcony.
- Hampton Inn Petersburg-Ft. Lee - This 2.5-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Petersburg
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Petersburg Station. Petersburg might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Petersburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 43.90 inches of rain falls on Petersburg each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Petersburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Petersburg, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Petersburg?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Petersburg?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Petersburg?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Petersburg?
Where is the best place to stay close to Fort Lee?
What about the best place to stay close to Virginia State University?
What's the best hotel for a golf vacation in Petersburg?
What's the best place to stay in Petersburg that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodations with pools in Petersburg?
Recent reviews of Petersburg hotels
More trip options
- Petersburg Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Petersburg Airports
- Hotels in Petersburg Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Petersburg Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Petersburg
- More Hotel Options in Petersburg
- Petersburg Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Virginia
- Other Hotels near Petersburg, Virginia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends