Find Hotels in Petropolis
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2020
Where to stay in Petropolis
Visitors can enjoy all that Petropolis has to offer including the rainforests, breweries, and football games. A top sight in the city is Imperial Museum.
- There are 288 hotels and other accommodations in Petropolis
- The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 32.6 mi (52.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 39 mi (62.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Petropolis
Cultural venues in the city include Imperial Museum, Tiradentes Sacro-Historical Museum, and House of Santos Dumont Museum. Attractions like Free Flight Ramp of Simeria and Nova Friburgo Cable Car are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Itapaiva Castle, Barao de Maua House, and Crystal Palace.
In Petropolis, you'll be able to select from 288 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pousada Tankamana - Guests who stay at this 4-star pousada in Itaipava can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location.
- Altenhaus Pousada - This 3.5-star hotel in Itaipava features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Solar do Império - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Historic Center can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Petropolis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 69°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Average annual rainfall for Petropolis is 56.65 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 61°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Petropolis?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Petropolis, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Petropolis?
What's the best hotel for a stay in Historic Center?
What's the best accommodation in Itaipava?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Petropolis?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Petropolis?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Petropolis?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to Feira do Alto Handicraft Market?
What about the best place to stay close to Quintandinha Palace?
What's the best high-end hotel in Petropolis?
Recent reviews of Petropolis hotels
More trip options
- Petropolis Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Petropolis Airports
- Hotels in Petropolis Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Petropolis Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Petropolis
- More Hotel Options in Petropolis
- More Popular Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Other Hotels near Petropolis, Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends