Visitors can enjoy all that Petropolis has to offer including the rainforests, breweries, and football games. A top sight in the city is Imperial Museum.
- There are 288 hotels and other accommodations in Petropolis
- The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 32.6 mi (52.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 39 mi (62.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Petropolis
Cultural venues in the city include Imperial Museum, Tiradentes Sacro-Historical Museum, and House of Santos Dumont Museum. Attractions like Free Flight Ramp of Simeria and Nova Friburgo Cable Car are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Itapaiva Castle, Barao de Maua House, and Crystal Palace.
In Petropolis, you'll be able to select from 288 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pousada Tankamana - Guests who stay at this 4-star pousada in Itaipava can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location.
- Altenhaus Pousada - This 3.5-star hotel in Itaipava features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Solar do Império - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Historic Center can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Petropolis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 69°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Average annual rainfall for Petropolis is 56.65 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 61°F