Visitors to Pongwe are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, gardens, and local tours.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Pongwe
- The closest major airport is in Zanzibar (ZNZ-Zanzibar Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pongwe
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Unguja. Additionally, you'll find Kiwengwa Beach and Mapenzi Beach in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Pongwe. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Tulia Zanzibar Unique Beach Resort - This 5-star lodge features 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, and free breakfast. Expedia travelers love its pool and WiFi.
- Pongwe Beach Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this lodge. This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Seasons Lodge Zanzibar - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Pongwe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 92°F and the nighttime average to be 76°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- About 1.38 inches of rain falls on Pongwe each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 72°F