Families will find kid-friendly activities in Portlaoise, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, sporting events, and shopping. In Portlaoise, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Portlaoise
Favorite places to visit in the city include O'Moore Park, Portlaoise Golf Club, and Rock of Dunamase. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Heath Golf Club and Emo Court.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Portlaoise. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ivyleigh House - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and room size.
- Midlands Park Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Killeshin Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Portlaoise
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Portlaoise Station. Portlaoise may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Portlaoise
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Portlaoise gets about 32.01 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F