Visitors can enjoy all that Portoferraio has to offer including the waterfront, golf courses, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture.
- There are 82 hotels and other accommodations in Portoferraio
- The closest major airport is in Portoferraio (EBA-Marina Di Campo), 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Portoferraio
Cultural venues in the city include Teatro dei Vigilanti, Portoferraio Archaeological Museum, and The Napoleonic Residences National Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Bastioni Medicei, Forte Falcone, and Villa Romana della Linguella. The city's natural beauty is on display at Spiaggia delle Ghiaie, Capo Bianco Beach, and Sottobomba Beach.
In Portoferraio, you'll find 82 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Allegroitalia Elba Golf - Amenities at this apartment include a golf course and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Residence Alithai - Our customers love the beach locale and overall value at this vacation rental. Amenities at this residence include free parking and an in-room kitchenette.
- Hotel Mare - This 3-star hotel features a marina, a private beach, and free breakfast.
Dressing for Portoferraio
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Portoferraio gets about 23.66 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 41°F