Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Potrero, which is also known for its bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. Around the area, top sights include Flamingo Beach, Conchal Beach, and Coco Beach.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodations in Potrero
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Potrero
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Penca Beach and Playa Prieta. In the area, you'll also find Flamingo Beach and Conchal Beach.
In Potrero, there are 65 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa del Sol Condominium - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Bahia Esmeralda - This 2-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Coco Beach, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city center, and Hermosa Bay Beach, which is 10.1 mi/16.3 km away.
Dressing for Potrero
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Potrero is 72.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F