Visitors to Puntarenas are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Puntarenas
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 41.1 mi (66.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 45.5 mi (73.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Puntarenas
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Puntarenas Beach and Victoria Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Puntarenas Pier and Puntarenas Cathedral.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Puntarenas. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Alamar - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
- Hotel Las Brisas - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Puerto Azul Boutique Resort & Marina - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Puntarenas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Puntarenas gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F