Visitors can enjoy all that Ray has to offer including its parks. There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in International Falls, MN (INL-Falls Intl.), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Fort Frances, ON (YAG-Fort Frances Municipal), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ray
A favorite place to visit in the city is Superior National Forest. Additionally, you'll find Voyageurs National Park and The Lookout Tower in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Ray, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 7 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites International Falls is located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of Ray. This 2-star hotel in International Falls features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham International Falls is 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from central Ray. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in International Falls can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean rooms.
- Birch Forest Lodge is 28.9 mi (46.6 km) from the center of Ray. This 3-star cabin in Orr features a marina, free parking, and a game room. Our customers love its beach locale and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ray
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 43°F during the day and -7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 20°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of -5°F
- About 24.25 inches of rain falls on Ray each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°F