Visiting Rock Springs
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rock Springs, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and riverfront. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Rock Springs
- The closest major airport is in Rock Springs, WY (RKS-Sweetwater County), 7.7 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rock Springs
The city's cultural venues include Sweetwater County Historical Museum and Rock Springs Historical Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge, FMC Park, and White Mountain Petroglyphs. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and White Mountain Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Rock Springs. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Green River - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- My Place Hotel-Rock Springs, WY - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Little Bear Motel - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rock Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 12°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 12°F at night
- About 7.99 inches of rain falls on Rock Springs each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 13°F