Sacramento Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 43 low-cost motels in Sacramento among the more than 299 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of what Sacramento has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include California State Capitol, Golden1Center, and Fort Sutter State Historical Park.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of Expedia customers' favorite Sacramento motels to choose from:
Roy Inn & Suites – Sacramento Midtown
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Fort Sutter State Historical Park and Sacramento Convention Center.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Good Nite Inn Sacramento
- An outdoor pool and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- It's located within a quick 3-minute drive of California State University Sacramento.
Best Western Plus Sutter House
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Sacramento Convention Center and Golden1Center.
Econo Lodge Sacramento North
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Sacramento Convention Center and Golden1Center.
- Free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center are available during your stay.
Heritage Inn Express Roseville
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Westfield Galleria at Roseville.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Sacramento
Check out the great live music and entertainment choices in this historical area while you're sightseeing. Visitors to Sacramento speak highly of the festivals, museums, and riverfront.
Here are some popular places:
- California State Capitol
- Fort Sutter State Historical Park
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Discovery Park
- Cesar Chavez Park
- Sacramento Capitol Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Sacramento Zoo
- Fairytale Town
- Golfland Sunsplash
Sacramento is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Sacramento
Decide when you'd like to visit Sacramento by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 67° F and nighttime temperatures average 38° F
- April-June: 90° F is the daytime average and 45° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 93° F and nighttime averages are around 54° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 83° F during the day and 38° F at night
- Average rainfall is 17.91 inches in a year
How to Get to Sacramento and Around the Area
|Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.) ||Airport ||9.4 mi (15.1 km) |
|Marysville, CA (MYV-Yuba County) ||Airport ||35.9 mi (57.8 km) |
|Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley) ||Airport ||49 mi (78.8 km) |
|Cathedral Square Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.1 km) |
|St Rose of Lima Park Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.3 km) |
|7th and Capitol Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.3 km) |
|Sacramento Valley Station ||Train Station ||0.4 mi (0.7 km) |
|Davis Station ||Train Station ||13.3 mi (21.5 km) |
|Roseville Station ||Train Station ||16.3 mi (26.2 km) |