Families will find kid-friendly activities in Salina, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, shopping, and entertainment choices.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in Salina
- The closest major airport is in Salina, KS (SLN-Salina Municipal), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manhattan, KS (MHK-Manhattan Regional), 54.4 mi (87.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salina
The city is well known for its festivals and museums, and cultural venues include Greyhound Hall of Fame, Birger Sandzen Memorial Gallery, and Eisenhower Center. Favorite family attractions include Kenwood Cove Water Park and Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure. Notable city landmarks like Fox–Watson Theater Building and Seelye Mansion might be worth a visit.
In Salina, there are 50 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rosberg House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hilton Garden Inn Salina - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Salina - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Salina
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 31.54 inches of rain falls on Salina each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F