Visiting Salt Rock
Visitors can enjoy all that Salt Rock has to offer including the bars, beaches, and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Salt Rock
- The closest major airport is in Durban (DUR-King Shaka Intl.), 12 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Salt Rock
Places to visit in the larger region include Thompson's Bay Beach, Ballito Beach, and Luthuli Museum. Additionally, you'll find Casuarina Beach and Dukuza Museum in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Salt Rock. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Zuider Zee Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Petite Provence B&B - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Canelands Beach Club - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Salt Rock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 65°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 60°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Salt Rock is 1.10 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 52°F