Visiting San Marino
Visitors to San Marino are sure to enjoy the mountain views and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, monuments, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Palazzo Pubblico, Liberty Square, and Basilica of Saint Marino.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in San Marino
- The closest major airport is in Rimini (RMI-Federico Fellini Intl.), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Marino
Cultural venues in the city include State Museum of San Marino, St. Francis Museum, and Museum of Curiosities. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Liberty Square, Basilica of Saint Marino, and Guaita Tower. Other notable sights to explore include Palazzo Pubblico and Cesta Tower.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in San Marino. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel La Grotta - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a café, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Rosa - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Hotel Cesare - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Castel Sismondo, 10.3 mi/16.6 km from the city center, and Arch of Augustus, which is 10.4 mi/16.7 km away.
Dressing for San Marino
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on San Marino each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F