Visitors can enjoy all that Sanjo has to offer including the ski areas, seaside, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Sanjo
- The closest major airport is in Niigata (KIJ), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sanjo
Cultural venues in the city include Morohashi Tetsuji Memorial Museum, Tsubame Industrial Materials Museum, and Shinto Shrine. The picturesque setting of Yahiko Park and Mount Yahiko exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tsubame Sanjyochijyo Sangyosinko Center is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sanjo. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- APA Villa Hotel Tsubamesanjo-Ekimae - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- Hotel Route-Inn Tsubamesanjo Ekimae - Our customers like the breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- APA Hotel Tsubamesanjo-Ekimae - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Sanjo
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Tsubamesanjo Station. Sanjo might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sanjo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sanjo is 43.97 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F