Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Sepang, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Sepang International Circuit, Putra Mosque, and Putrajaya Independence Square are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Sepang
- The closest major airport is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sepang
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sepang International Circuit, KLIA Jungle Boardwalk, and National Automobile Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Sultan Abdul Samad Mosque to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sepang. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sama-Sama Hotel, KL International Airport - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Rumah Putih Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable beds at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- De Grand Boutique Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Putra Mosque, located 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center, and Putrajaya Independence Square, which is 11.5 mi/18.5 km away.
Getting Around Sepang
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Kuala Lumpur International Airport Station or Kuala Lumpur Salak Tinggi Station. Sepang may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Sepang
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 92°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- Sepang gets about 93.03 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F