Visiting Sierra Vista
History buffs will enjoy exploring Sierra Vista, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, museums, and local tours. Top sights around the area include Fort Huachuca Military Base and Kartchner Caverns State Park.
- There are 89 hotels and other accommodations in Sierra Vista
- The closest major airport is in Tucson, AZ (TUS-Tucson Intl.), 54.1 mi (87.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sierra Vista
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Old Tombstone Western Town, Birdcage Theater, and Boothill Graveyard. Families come for attractions such as O.K. Corral, Good Enough Mine, and Big Nose Kates. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Tombstone Historic District, Allen Street, and Our Lady of the Sierras Shrine.
In Sierra Vista, there are 89 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lazy Dog Ranch - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Tombstone Monument Guest Ranch - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this ranch. This 3-star ranch features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Best Western Plus Sun Canyon - This hotel in Sierra Vista Southeast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Sierra Vista include Fort Huachuca Military Base. One of the popular sights outside the city is Kartchner Caverns State Park, 19.6 mi/31.5 km from the city center.
Dressing for Sierra Vista
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sierra Vista is 14.20 inches
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F