Visiting Silver City
History buffs will enjoy exploring Silver City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and art.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Silver City
- The closest major airport is in Silver City, NM (SVC-Grant County), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Silver City
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Silver City Museum and Western New Mexico University Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Silver City Golf Course and Western New Mexico University.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Silver City. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bear Mountain Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- BEAR CREEK MOTEL AND CABINS - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this motel. Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and an in-room fireplace.
- Pinos Altos Cabins - Amenities at this 3-star cabin include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds and location.
Dressing for Silver City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- About 15.75 inches of rain falls on Silver City each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 25°F