Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 12, 2020
Visiting Simpson Bay
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Simpson Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, entertainment choices, and casinos. Top sights around the area include Maho Beach, Marigot Market, and Fort St. Louis.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Simpson Bay
- The closest major airport is in Philipsburg (SXM-Princess Juliana Intl.), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Case (SFG-L'Esperance), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Simpson Bay
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Kim Sha Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hollywood Casino and Dunes Casino.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Simpson Bay. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Horny Toad Guesthouse - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Azure Hotel and Art Studio - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services.
- Commodore Suites - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to see outside the city include Maho Beach, located 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city center, and Marigot Market, which is 2.2 mi/3.6 km away.
Dressing for Simpson Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 80°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 75°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Simpson Bay is 1.46 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 74°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Simpson Bay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Simpson Bay, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Simpson Bay?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Simpson Bay?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Simpson Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation to Simpson Bay?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Simpson Bay?
What's the best place to stay with easy access to Kim Sha Beach?
What about the best place to stay close to Hollywood Casino?
What's the best accommodation to stay near the beach in Simpson Bay?
What's the best high-end hotel in Simpson Bay?
What are some accommodations with pools in Simpson Bay?
Recent reviews of Simpson Bay hotels
More trip options
- Simpson Bay Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Simpson Bay Airports
- Hotels near Popular Simpson Bay Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Simpson Bay
- More Hotel Options in Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Sint Maarten
- Other Hotels near Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends