Find Hotels in South Orange, NJ
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2020
Visiting South Orange
Visitors can enjoy all that South Orange has to offer including the basketball games, opera houses, and entertainment choices. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its secluded setting. Ellis Island Immigration Museum, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 102 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newark
- The closest major airport is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Caldwell, NJ (CDW-Essex County), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Orange
A couple of favorite places to visit are Seton Hall University and South Mountain Reservation. Additionally, in the area you'll find Ellis Island Immigration Museum and Statue of Liberty.
As you plan your vacation to South Orange, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 140 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- The Roosevelt Hotel, New York City is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the center of South Orange. This 4-star hotel in New York features 3 restaurants, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Salisbury Hotel is located 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the heart of South Orange. This 3-star hotel in New York features parking, a business center, and concierge services. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- YOTEL New York is 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from central South Orange. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Ellis Island, 12.1 mi/19.4 km from the city center, and American Lyric Theater, which is 14 mi (22.5 km) away.
Getting Around South Orange
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from South Orange Station or South Orange Mountain Station. South Orange might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for South Orange
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 46.26 inches of rain falls on South Orange each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in South Orange?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in South Orange, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to South Orange?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Seton Hall University?
What are some hotels with pools in South Orange?
Recent reviews of South Orange hotels
More trip options
- South Orange Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near South Orange Airports
- Hotels near Popular South Orange Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in South Orange
- South Orange Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Newark
- Other Hotels near South Orange, Newark
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends