Visiting St. George's
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in St. George's, which is also known for its local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfalls. Top sights in the city include St. George's Harbor, Fort George, and Queen's Park Stadium.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in St. George's
- The closest major airport is in St. George's (GND-Maurice Bishop Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in St. George's
The city is notable for landmarks like Fort George, St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, and Fort Frederick. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Grand Anse Beach, Morne Rouge Beach, and Portici Beach. Top activities include sailing and taking local tours, while St. George's Harbor, Clarkes Court Boatyard & Marina, and Le Phare Blue Marina are favorite sights to visit.
In St. George's, you'll be able to select from 74 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room service.
- Spice Island Beach Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its dining options and room size.
Other top sights in St. George's include Queen's Park Stadium and National Stadium.
Dressing for St. George's
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- St. George's gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 74°F