Travelers to Straits will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 184 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in New Bern, NC (EWN-Craven Regional), 35 mi (56.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Straits
Places to visit in the larger region include Freedom Park, North River Golf Course, and Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center. In the area, you'll also find Rachel Carson Reserve and Town Creek Marina.
As you start planning your visit to Straits, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 84 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Atlantic Beach Oceanfront is 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from central Straits. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Atlantic Beach can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- The Inn At Pine Knoll Shores is located 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the heart of Straits. This 3-star hotel in Pine Knoll Shores features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Palm Suites is 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the center of Straits. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star condo resort in Atlantic Beach can enjoy access to a marina and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Straits
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Straits gets about 54.57 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 37°F