Visiting Atlantic Beach
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Atlantic Beach, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and aquarium. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape.
- You'll find 179 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Morehead City
- The closest major airport is in New Bern, NC (EWN-Craven Regional), 31 mi (49.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, NC (OAJ-Albert J. Ellis), 50 mi (80.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Atlantic Beach
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Hoop Pole Creek Nature Trail and Fort Macon State Park. Fishing is just one of the top activities, while Anchorage Marina and Triple S Marina are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Coral Bay Shopping Center to your agenda.
In Atlantic Beach, there are 69 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- A Place at the Beach, a VRI Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its overall value and pool.
- Island Inn of Atlantic Beach - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this motel. This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Atlantic Beach Villas, a Festiva Resort - With a stay at this 3-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Dressing for Atlantic Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 59.06 inches of rain falls on Atlantic Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F