Visiting Tarangire National Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Tarangire National Park has to offer including its parks. In Tarangire National Park, there are 8 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Lake Manyara (LKY), 41.9 mi (67.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarangire National Park
A couple of favorite places to visit are Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Tarangire National Park, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 8 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Tarangire Simba Lodge is 16 mi (25.7 km) from central Tarangire National Park. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star lodge in Tarangire National Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Whistling Thorn Tented Camp is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the center of Tarangire National Park. This 3-star tentalow in Tarangire National Park features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Ecoscience Center & Luxury Lodge is located 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the heart of Tarangire National Park. Guests who stay at this 4-star lodge in Tarangire National Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Tarangire National Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 62°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- Tarangire National Park gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while September and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 58°F