Visiting Thief River Falls
Visitors to Thief River Falls are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, festivals, and entertainment choices.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Thief River Falls
- The closest major airport is in Thief River Falls, MN (TVF-Thief River Falls Regional), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Forks, ND (GFK-Grand Forks Intl.), 47.3 mi (76.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thief River Falls
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Red River State Recreation Area, Melland Park, and Greenwood Trail Recreation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are East Grand Forks Heritage Village and Ice Arena & Fairgrounds.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Thief River Falls. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites East Grand Forks - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Grandstay Hotel Suites Thief River Falls - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Thief River Falls - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Thief River Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and -4°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of -2°F
- Thief River Falls gets about 24.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°F