Visitors to Trapani are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, architecture, and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Cattedrale di San Lorenzo and Museo Regionale Pepoli.
- There are 244 hotels and other accommodations in Trapani
- The closest major airport is in Trapani (TPS-Vicenzo Florio), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palermo (PMO-Punta Raisi), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Trapani
The city is notable for landmarks like Cattedrale di San Lorenzo, Church of Sant'Agostino, and Palazzo Senatorio. The picturesque setting of Porta delle Botteghelle Beach and San Giuliano Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Port of Trapani is one place to visit.
In Trapani, there are 244 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- I Giardini di Elencosta - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Residence Porta delle Botteghelle - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to public transit at this townhouse accommodation. This 3-star townhouse accommodation in Trapani City Centre features free WiFi, concierge services, and a car service.
- Hotel San Michele - This 3-star hotel in Trapani City Centre features free WiFi, valet parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Trapani include Museo Regionale Pepoli. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Dancing Satyr, 25.5 mi/41 km from the heart of the city, and Trapani-Erice Cable Car, which is 2.4 mi/3.8 km away.
Getting Around Trapani
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Trapani is easy. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Trapani Station, Trapani Salina Grande Station, or Marausa Station. You can catch a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Trapani
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Trapani gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F