Visiting University Area
Visitors to University Area are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and parks. Old Summer Palace, Zhongguancun Electronics City, and Summer Palace are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in University Area
- The closest major airport is in Beijing (PEK-Capital Intl.), 15.9 mi (25.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Beijing (PKX-Daxing Intl.), 34.3 mi (55.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in University Area
The city's cultural venues include Old Summer Palace and Sackler Museum of Art at Peking University. Notable city landmarks like Haidian Black Temple and Zhengjue Temple might be worth a visit. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Tsinghua University and Peking University.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in University Area. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian - This 4-star hotel in Haidian features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
- The Lake View Hotel Beijing - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Haidian can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Xijiao Hotel Beijing - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Haidian can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Zhongguancun Electronics City, 1.3 mi/2 km from the city center, and Summer Palace, which is 2 mi (3.2 km) away.
Getting Around University Area
Nearby metro stations include Yuanmingyuan Park Station, East Gate of Peking University Station, and Xiyuan Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for University Area
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for University Area is 26.42 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F