Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Varanasi, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the temples and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and archaeological sites.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodations in Varanasi
- The closest major airport is in Varanasi (VNS-Babatpur), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Varanasi
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Bharat Mata, Dharmarajika Stupa, and Mulagandha Kuti Vihara Monastery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are JVH Mall and Sarlath Museum.
In Varanasi, you'll be able to select from 154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- BrijRama Palace - A Heritage Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Hotel Tridev - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rivatas - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with comfortable bedding. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Varanasi
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Varanasi Junction Station. Varanasi may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Varanasi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 100°F and the nighttime average to be 55°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 107°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 96°F during the day and 56°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Varanasi is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 104°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 56°F