Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Verdun-en-Lauragais has to offer. A top sight in the area is Montsegur Castle.
- You'll find 409 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carcassonne
- The closest major airport is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 16.6 mi (26.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Verdun-en-Lauragais
Places to visit in the larger region include St-Papoul Abbey, Canal du Midi Museum and Garden, and Canal du Midi Museum and Gardens. You'll also find Museum of Wood and Marquetry and Museum of Book Arts and Crafts in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Verdun-en-Lauragais, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 76 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
Dressing for Verdun-en-Lauragais
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Verdun-en-Lauragais is 0.79 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F