Visitors to Walnut are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and shopping.
- You'll find 18 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlantic
- The closest major airport is in Omaha, NE (OMA-Eppley Field), 37.3 mi (60 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Omaha, NE (MIQ-Millard), 50.3 mi (80.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walnut
Places to visit in the larger region include Eddington Memorial Park, Avoca CountryView Golf Course, and Spider Car. In the area, you'll also find Farmall-Land USA Tractor Museum and Pellet Memorial Woods State Preserve.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Walnut - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Walnut
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- About 33.54 inches of rain falls on Walnut each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F