Visitors to Wareham are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and welcoming setting. Top sights in the city include Monkey World Ape Rescue Center and Corfe Castle.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Wareham
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wareham
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Corfe Castle and Clouds Hill. The countryside and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lulworth Cove Beach, Lulworth Cove, and Durdle Door. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monkey World Ape Rescue Center and Wareham Town Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Wareham. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Old Mill Bere Regis - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Frome Dale - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Frome Corner - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Poole Harbour, located 7.4 mi (11.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Brownsea Island, which is 7.4 mi/11.9 km away.
Getting Around Wareham
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Wareham Station, Wareham Wool Station, or Wareham Norden Station. Wareham might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Wareham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 40°F at night
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Wareham each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 39°F