Winchester Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 12 economical motels in Winchester among more than 77 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers’ favorite Winchester motels to select from:
Travelodge by Wyndham Winchester
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 Winchester, VA
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
Super 8 by Wyndham Winchester VA
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 Front Royal, VA
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Winchester
While you're exploring this historical, family-friendly area, take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. Visitors like Winchester for its shops and theater scene.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Jim Barnett Park
- Mackintosh Fruit Farm
- State Arboretum of Virginia
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Dinosaur Land
- Wilson's Wild Animal Park
- Rocking S Ranch
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Patsy Cline Historic House
- Holy Cross Abbey
- George Washington's Office
Winchester is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Winchester
Decide when you'd like to visit Winchester by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 23° F
- April-June: 85° F is the daytime average and 37° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 86° F and nighttime averages are around 49° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 71° F during the day and 24° F at night
- Average rainfall is 38.39 inches in a year
How to Get to Winchester and Around the Area
|Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional) ||Airport ||18 mi (28.9 km) |
|Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.) ||Airport ||41.7 mi (67.1 km) |
|Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional) ||Airport ||47.3 mi (76.1 km) |