Visitors to Winnebago are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Sioux City, IA (SUX-Sioux Gateway), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Winnebago
Places to visit in the larger region include Brown's Lake State Park and Sloan Golf Course. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Winnebago, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 27 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City is located 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the heart of Winnebago. This 4-star hotel in Sioux City features a casino, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City South is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from central Winnebago. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Sioux City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Sioux City is 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the center of Winnebago. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Sioux City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Dressing for Winnebago
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 10°F at night
- About 27.72 inches of rain falls on Winnebago each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°F