Visitors to Ponca are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Sioux City, IA (SUX-Sioux Gateway), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ponca
Places to visit in the larger region include Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center, Dakota Dunes Country Club, and Chief War Eagle Monument. You'll also find Sergeant Floyd River Museum and Welcome Center and The Sioux City Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in the area.
As you plan your trip to Ponca, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 18 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from central Ponca. This 4-star hotel in Sioux City features a casino, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Sioux City is located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the heart of Ponca. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Sioux City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Ramada by Wyndham Sioux City is 16.2 mi (26 km) from the center of Ponca. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Sioux City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and WiFi.
Dressing for Ponca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 10°F at night
- About 27.05 inches of rain falls on Ponca each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 15°F