Travelers to Wollongong give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Wollongong
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wollongong
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Wollongong City Beach and North Wollongong Beach. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Crown Street Mall and Wollongong Fish Market. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Wollongong Harbor is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wollongong. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wollongong Serviced Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and quiet rooms.
- Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong - Our customers love the surrounding nightlife and comfortable, quiet rooms at this aparthotel. This 4-star aparthotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Best Western City Sands - Wollongong Golf Club - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Getting Around Wollongong
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Wollongong is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Wollongong Station. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Wollongong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Wollongong gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 47°F